Choker Jewellery from scrap leather

24 April

Remember in one of my previous post I told you I have lot of scrap leather, time to utilize it again!

Today I’m going to share this statement choker necklace I made with small waste parts of leather which I gifted to my sister.
No I’m kidding, she stole it. It was the first leather jewellery I made and I didn’t want to give it away. Perks of being sisters you see, I can snatch it back whenever I want :P
Okay  I won’t bore you much Let’s begin with the tutorial

Supplies:
  • Leather scrap (off white & black)
  • Rubber based adhesive/ Fevibond
  • Wire
  • Scissors
  • Black tape
  • Beads – copper, gold, silver
    (you can use anyone color or you can mix all of them like I did in this tutorial)

Procedure:
I’ve made diagrams so that you are clearly able to understand the measurements which part goes where, you can totally skip these steps and make it straight on leather and cut it.
  • Draw 9cm vertical line (AB), from point A mark 5cm as the center and draw along horizontally. From point A mark 1 cm draw horizontal line. Everything will be pasted below this line because this space will be folded later (This will be done for every base diamond shape).
  • Join all corners and make the shape shown in the second image (let’s name it diamond).
  • Draw the one more diamond inside, following the measurement shown above. If you’re good at it and can cut randomly without measuring you may do that as well, but I’m displaying the full measurements I took while making the jewellery.
  • Cut the leather pieces you’ll have a big black diamond and a small off white diamond, paste it like shown in the image.

  • Cut another black diamond smaller than previous one and one more in off white which fits inside the black one.  (I’ve colored the diagram for easy understanding). You’ll have these three pieces now paste like you did the previous one.


  • Follow the measurements and draw the shape as shown in image below, Cut the leather pieces and paste like you did in previous step.


  • Cut two more black diamonds of same size and cut two off white diamonds of smaller size randomly and paste.

  • After pasting all pieces you should have five parts (one big diamond, two small and two smaller diamonds)
  • Wrap the wire around your head first then around your neck adjust and bend accordingly.
  • Now take the big diamond part and apply rubber adhesive on the upper part that we left for folding, wrap it round the wire, paste and let it dry. Do the same with other diamond parts
  • Fill the side parts with beads and tape the endings.

And that’s it  your choker is ready!
 
I actually wore this many times before my sister took it and she still has it in good condition so this is definitely durable too.



If you wish to make these earrings too, you can refer to my previous post Leather earrings tutorial and make paired jewellery.
Let me know if you have any queries or suggestions. If you like this tutorial share it with your friends on social media. You can change the color and design according to your desire.
Your feedback will make me better. I would love to read your thoughts about this tutorial, do comment below.

Don't forget to catch up next Sunday! 
Hope you have a lovely day ❤

You Might Also Like

2 comments

So what do you think?

Subscribe