Diya Holder - Diwali Special

21 September




Are you ready for the festive season? 😀

If I talk about festivals in India Diwali and Holi are my favorites and this time I think diwali is on 29th October just a day after my birthday. I love how people decorate their houses with fairy lights, garland and Indian motifs.
There's about a month left for Diwali and I'm already excited because Diwali is just an excuse for me to make new & decorative things and today I am going to share with you guys diya holder I made for Diwali you can also put this Diya holder in the middle of your rangoli and it will look very beautiful I'm thinking of doing the same. This is really easy and can be made by simply quilling the paper. I did not buy anything new just worked with the material I had.

You'll need :
Quilling strips
Stone embellishments
Pearls
Adhesive 

Procedure :
So we are going to create 3 different shapes two circles and teardrop.
I've used the colours light pink purple dark pink and black.

Step 1 :
Roll the pink strip with the help of a pen so that you can create  an empty circle. Paste the end with adhesive.

Step 2 :

Continue it with the purple strip apply glue at starting of the strip and roll it. Secure ends by apply adhesive.


Step 3 :
For the second circle we're going to reverse the colors. Start with purple strip and continue with pink one. I had small pearls so I inserted them in between of these empty circle.


Step 4 :
For the teardrop measure 2 cm and made a crease and continued rolling in an oval shape and lastly pinched the oval from top.

Apply adhesive at the tip of purple strip and continue rolling in a teardrop shape.


Step 5 :
I had these teardrop shaped stones left so I decided to utilise them in Diya holder.
Apply adhesive on the teardrop stone and paste it on paper tear drop


Time to connect all pieces

Step 6 :
Arrange the empty circle like shown in the image and paste it


Step 7:
Now apply adhesive on the quilled circle and paste it between the two small circles as shown in the image below and complete it


Step 8:

Apply adhesive at the bottom of the teardrop and paste it between the pearl circles as shown in the image below. Continue and complete the circle



And your diya holder is complete!




I hope you like this easy to make Quilled Diya holder idea.

Let me know what you people love the most about Diwali in the comment box below.
Follow and subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you don't miss out on anything.

Don't forget to share this Idea with your friends and family also let me know your thoughts about this tutorial.

Se you next time 💕
Puja

You Might Also Like

4 comments

So what do you think?

Subscribe